DVzine.org navigation The Zine Type DV Now DV Info DV International About DV Blog The Dvorak Zine

9/12/2005

Web Updates Vs. The Front Lines!

Alas, each time I try to work on the DVzine.org updates, something else gets in the way. This time, it's PRINTING ZINES! We got an awesome offer from Microcosm Publishing to help us distribute The Dvorak Zine. So I have to print up 40 copies for them and then I need to print up another 100 (or so) for the rapidly approaching Small Press Expo. (Come swing by and say hello if you are in the Washington D.C. area September 23rd or 24th!)
After refilling my toner cartridge SIX TIMES though, I finally had to buy a new one. With that and a bunch of paper and cardstock (and more toner off of Ebay) I've almost spent $150 this week just to make more Dvorak zines (GULP). So it would be a great time to donate if anyone can help out with a few bucks. We lose money on all externally distributed zines (since they are bought at 50% the cover cost), plus I usually end up giving away as many zines as I sell at these events. I may not be the best business man, but I'm good at spreading the word about Dvorak!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated--every dollar lets us print another zine!

No comments: